Position: Optical Scientist
The Optics Scientist will participate in or lead programs and projects. This position will be responsible for light management modeling, lens design and optical system modeling and design. This position will also be responsible for seeking out new opportunities in product development.
EDUCATION AND/OR PROFESSIONAL LICENSE(s):
Degree in Optics, Physics, Material Science or related fields with a strong emphasis on optics and visual science. Advanced degree preferred.
Experience in industry or university research is desirable.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Government funded program experience including proposal writing;
· Background in laser light management;
· Working knowledge of ophthalmic and geometric optics;
· Experience with optical modeling and lens design software such as ZEMAX and Code V;
· Leadership experience in projects/programs;
· Experience with optical thin films.
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
· Ability to obtain and hold a “Secret” Clearance.
Position requires daily contact with members of project team including lead engineers, quality engineers, optical technicians, documentation control, test engineers, technicians, model makers, and assembly technicians. Utilizes the resources of numerous functional groups within the facility to achieve the program objectives.
Contact with individuals outside the facilities is project-dependent and includes individuals at other company facilities, vendors, subcontractors, customers, and FAA. Must be able to obtain and keep secret level security clearance.
The Photonics Group