Newport, now part of MKS Instruments, is the world’s largest photonics company providing innovative solutions and industry-leading product brands to multiple markets. Our combined product portfolio includes Corion®, ILX Lightwave™, New Focus™, Ophir, Oriel® Instruments, Richardson Gratings™, and Spectra-Physics® Lasers. We provide complete photonic solutions to make, manage and measure light.
The Sr. Manager, Sales Operations manages support functions essential to servicing customers, optimizing sales force productivity and intercompany communication, including:
- Telephone and web customer service case management
- OEM account contract administration and customer service
- Quotation and order entry/administration
- Data management, reporting and administration
- Business-process establishment and administration for customer service, inside sales and field sales
- Orders forecasting
- CRM, ERP and Contact Center system, software and process
The individual will manage a customer service organization which services multiple business units from several locations in North America. The position will also be responsible for sales operations business processes and tools across all of the North American regional Sales organization. All activities will be performed in cooperation with other global regions.
- Manages a successful customer service support team and ensures that the company consistently meets or exceeds established sales performance objectives.
- Coordinates sales forecasting, planning and budgeting processes used within the sales organization.Proactively monitors and strives to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in the sales organization’s planning efforts.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for sales process improvement.Works closely with sales management to inspect sales process quality and prioritize opportunities for improvement.Assists sales management in understanding process bottlenecks and inconsistencies.Facilitates an organization of continuous process improvement.
- Implements enabling technology, such as CRM, ERP and Contact Center, to customer service, inside sales and field sales teams. Monitors the sales organization’s compliance with required standards for maintaining system data.Works closely with sales management to optimize the effectiveness of the company’s technology investments.
- Monitors the accuracy and efficient distribution of sales reports and other intelligence essential to the sales organization.Recommends revisions to existing reports, or assists in the development of new reporting tools as needed.
- Directs and coordinates the processing of sales orders. Monitors ERP system to ensure accurate receipt and booking of sales orders.
- Manages pre-sales and post-sales service teams. Governs customer service departmental procedures. Reviews warranty claims; customer returns exchanges and expedites service and repairs.
- Acts as liaison between customers and manufacturing, sales, field service, order processing and accounting to resolve status, production, delivery and billing inquiries.
- Owns the recruiting function to ensure the best intellectual capital for the customer service team.
Accountability and Performance Measures:
- Achievement of sales, profit and strategic objectives as assigned by manager.
- Customer satisfaction, including all aspects of customer service.Measures include customer scorecards and surveys.
- Implementation of customer-driven objectives.
- Accuracy, completeness and timeliness of usage of the company’s internal systems.
- Adherence to defined business processes and fulfillment of legal requirements.
- Optimization/efficiency improvement of sales business processes.
- Orders forecasting timeliness and accuracy.
- Effectiveness of sales-related tools, such as CRM and call-center.
- Employee skill building and motivation.
- BS in a technical discipline or related experience
- 8 years’ experience in technical sales and 5 years’ experience in sales with operations and customer service responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to run a large diverse organization, drive improvements, and deliver results.
- Experience in implementing strategies to drive sales growth and development
- Ability to plan and manage at both the strategic and operational level
- Project management skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Approximately 20% travel (mostly U.S. Domestic)
MKS Instruments, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We solicit and hire applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category. Our policy is to employ the most qualified applicants. We conduct background checks and drug screens, in accordance with company policies and federal and state guidelines
Req. Code : 70007696
Division/Department : Corporate