Support manufacturing production floor:
- As the lead manufacturing engineer specializing in the opto-mechanical and laser head build areas, rapidly respond to production issues. Working closely with assembly personnel, quickly evaluate problems and provide solutions for the short and/or long term issues as appropriate.
- Define and perform test equipment maintenance requirements.
- Resolve component obsolescence issues.
- Provide supporting documentation for engineering changes and production deviations.
- Review manufacturing methods and tooling and propose, qualify, and implement improvements to improve efficiency, quality, and reduce cost.
New product introduction:
- Working with RD in the new product development phase, support prototype builds, focusing on laser assembly.
- Provide design feedback for manufacturability, serviceability, and reliability.
- Specify and assist in development of manufacturing test and assembly fixtures.
- Prepare final documentation for new product releases into manufacturing, including bills of materials, work instructions, test procedures, data sheets, and ECO’s.
- Develop and perform design verification tests of laser assemblies and supporting systems.
- Provide training and support to manufacturing personnel during pilot builds.
- BSME. BSEE, BS in physics, optical engineering, or equivalent with 6+ years of manufacturing or laser engineering experience. Graduate degree a plus.
- Experience building and aligning lasers and optical systems.
- Very hands-on, with strong analytical and experimental problem solving skills.
- Experienced using software tools such as MS Excel, MatLab, Igor, or equivalents to analyze and process experimental data.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex opto-mechanical systems and subsystems.
- New Product Introduction experience.