We have an excellent opportunity of the Technical Support Specialist is to provide technical and application support for users of Bitplane’s Imaris 3D/4D advanced image analysis software. This role will also support third party deconvolution /alignment packages, database setup and management. This is an ideal position for a biological scientist or an engineer who has a deep interest in imaging and microscopy.
Technical Support (30%) which includes: Rapidly assess the customer’s needs and provide the best solution for the problem in a professional and effective manner by performing the following tasks
Application Support (30%) which includes: Rapidly assess the customer’s endpoints and provide the most optimal solution for the application in a professional and effective manner by performing the following tasks; Explore the best path to the solution by researching available tools within Imaris and via other tools (e.g. Imaris XTensions). Exceptional problem solving skills are required and should have a personality that embraces scientific challenges; Communicate the solution to the customer via a live online screen sharing session, or prepare an application note that concisely and clearly describes the steps taken to arrive at the solution; Communicate proposed solutions via e-mail/telephone effectively and succinctly; Provide support for the Bitplane sales team by preparing data for a sales presentation.
Training Online and Onsite (30%) which includes: Provide online training for Imaris users; Conduct user group meetings and training workshops in 3D/4D visualization.
Scientific Conferences/Advanced Image Analysis/Microscopy Courses (10%) which includes: Represent and promote Bitplane in a professional manner at scientific conferences; Participate in advanced optical microscopy/image analysis courses (MBL/Cold Spring Harbor) as commercial faculty.
- This is an ideal position for a biological scientist or an engineer (B.Sc./B.Eng. minimum, Ph.D. and or M.Sc. desired) who has a deep interest in imaging, advanced microscopy (confocal, spinning disk etc.) and image analysis (deconvolution, quantitation, digital pathology etc.).
- 3-5 years of experience in an Application Scientist or Technical Support Role.
- Necessary to have strong computer skills and well-founded biological knowledge.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills are required.
- The ability to explain complex concepts in a concise manner is also necessary for this position.
- Passion for scientific innovation is a must.
- Prior sales experience is strongly desired but not required for this position.
- Ideally near a major airport on the West Coast, but exceptional candidates from elsewhere will be considered.
- This is a home-office based position with a travel requirement (up to 20%).
COMPANY BUSINESS OVERVIEW
Andor is a global leader in the pioneering and manufacturing of high performance scientific imaging cameras, spectroscopy solutions and microscopy systems for research and OEM markets. Andor has been innovating the photonics industry for over 20 years and continues to set the standard for high performance light measuring solutions, enabling its customers to break new ground by performing light measurements previously considered impossible. Andor’s digital cameras, are allowing scientists around the world to measure light down to a single photon and capture events occurring within 1 billionth of a second
Andor now has over 400 staff across 16 offices worldwide, distributing products to over 10,000 customers in 55 countries. Andor’s products are used in a wide range of applications including medical research to further the understanding of heart disease, cancer and neuronal diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease. Andor also has applications for forensic science and astronomy. Through continuous dialogue with customers and strong teamwork, Andor continues to innovate ground-breaking products that improve the world in which we live.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including vacation pay, medical and dental coverage, and a matching 401k plan.
Oxford Instruments is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.