TRUMPF Photonics, Inc., Cranbury (US)
The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. The position may require that employees perform other duties as assigned.
1. Achieve the production goals through a combination of technical competence, calm leadership and outstanding organizational skills. Conduct business in a professional, respectful manner. Lead the team by example, maintain high personal standards of job performance and conduct.
2. Establish, maintain and improve the production process and SAP routings including technical and organizational aspects.
3. Timely completion of assignments and projects, proactively undertakes special assignments, manages time to address tasks during normal work hours.
4. Assist in reviewing business systems administration, resources, procedures, and methods to improve operational effectiveness, utility and efficiency
5. Demonstrated leadership/supervisor ability, includes performance evaluations and disciplinary action.
6. Responsible for cost center (planning and controlling)
7. Collect and analyze data about the production process. Use these measurements to make decisions regarding improvement efforts.
8. Assign personnel and make operational decisions in a way that optimizes the production process.
9. Provide direct support for design issues related to the implementation of new products in production.
10. Operate in a manner consistent with TRUMPF Quality Standard (TQS).
11. Maintain a close working relationship with the product/production engineers, QAR and the MRP Controller.
12. Drive Synchro activities in the responsible area.
13. Train and coach Lead Technicians and Production Technicians.
Experience / Education
This position requires a minimum of ten years experience in industrial manufacturing. Knowledge of optical and mechanical manufacturing and assembling is required. Ability to function well in a high stress environment, Strong interpersonal skills needed to maintain teamwork environment. Experience in SAP preferred. A thorough working knowledge of lean manufacturing methods is required.
Bachelor/Master Degree in Production-, Electrical- or Mechanical-Engineering preferred or equivalent work experience in industry of 10 years.