CoAdna Photonics, Inc. is looking for one Jr. Optical Engineer and one Sr. Optical Engineer position. Please see below for the job descriptions and requirements for both position:
Jr. Optical Engineer:
As a Junior Optical Engineer, you will be responsible for developing process for the optical products (mainly Wavelength Selective Switches (WSS) products). You will also be involved in conducting performance analysis, design verification tests as well as documenting process improvements. Close engagements and interactions with cross-functional team members are expected throughout various product development phases to help in debugging design and process issues encountered in developing new product and processes, as well as improving the current exiting products.
Requirements for Jr. Optical Engineer included but not limited to:
1. B.S. degree in Optics, Physics, Materials or equivalent engineering fields.
2. 2-5 years industrial experiences in optical device setup and alignment preferred.
3. Experiences in fiber-optical device assembly process and component characterizations.
4. Basic knowledge and understanding of liquid crystal based devices and optical network systems and other optical assembly processes is a plus.
5. Hands on experiences in the use of optical test equipment is a plus.
6. Knowledge in simple test SW programming is a plus.
7. Good data analysis and presentation skills.
8. Good verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
Sr. Optical Engineer:
As a Sr. Optical Engineer, you will be responsible in defining industrial trends and bring in new technology concepts to address the new market trends. You will provide innovative optical designs to meet new customer requirements and will be instrumental in debugging and resolving performance issues in various product development phases. You will also be engaging with customers and cross-functional teams to fully define product performance specs and conduct optical design simulations to analyze the product feasibility and performance expectations.
Requirements for Sr. Optical Engineer included but not limited to:
1. M.S. degree in Optics, Physics, Materials or equivalent engineering fields.
2. 5 years industrial experiences in product design and development.
3. Demonstrated analytic and problem-solving abilities.
4. Basic knowledge and understanding of liquid crystal based devices and optical network systems and optical material properties is a plus.
5. Experiences in the use of optical test equipment is a plus.
6. Knowledge in optical tests is a plus.
7. good data analysis and presentation skills.
8. Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills