Customer Quality Manager
Lumentum (NASDAQ: LITE) is a market-leading manufacturer of innovative optical and photonic products enabling optical networking and commercial laser customers worldwide. Lumentum’s optical components and subsystems are part of virtually every type of telecom, enterprise, and data center network. Lumentum’s commercial lasers enable advanced manufacturing techniques and diverse applications including next-generation 3D sensing capabilities. Lumentum is headquartered in Milpitas, California with RD, manufacturing, and sales offices worldwide. For more information, visit www.lumentum.com.
Lumentum is an Equal Opportunity Employer, EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disability
Virtually every communications network in the world—telecom, enterprise, or data center—depends on our optical components and modules. Our high-performance commercial lasers are critical to advanced manufacturing techniques for products ranging from semiconductor chips, smartphones, and tablets to automobiles and appliances. Our products were integral components in the first high-volume 3D-sensing gaming application, and they now enable next-generation capabilities for diverse consumer electronic applications.
We are a world technology leader, and our employees are part of an elite, innovative, success-driven team operating in a fast-moving, collaborative work environment to solve real-world problems.
This position will be responsible for managing Customer Quality engineering for Lumentum’s customers.
This position requires hands on experience in building strong relationships with the customers and managing the customer quality issues to a timely and effective closure, both with external customers and internally within Lumentum
As a leader, you will be expected to encourage creative and efficient problem-solving, enable decision-making at the right level, create an internal team that is disciplined, results-driven, proactive and viewed as an effective and collaborative partner by other internal and external partners and customers. An effective leader who is accountable, result oriented and leads the cross functional teams by example.
Through your leadership, you and the cross functional team will develop and execute sound, efficient strategies to drive customer satisfaction, improve product quality, improve product delivery, improve operational results, reduce risk of quality excursions, reduce cost of poor quality and build strong customer relationships.
In this position you will:
- Serve as single Point Contact for Quality and Reliability for major customers – Customer Interface for all quality and reliability issues
- Manage the coordination of Failure Analysis/8-D reports (Internal) and Customer communications (External), review and sign off on Failure analysis reports
- Align with Global Account Management and collaborate with customers, internal functions and Contract manufacturers on customer quality issue resolution and improvements
- Overall management of Customer Audits/Assessments end-to-end customer audit process
- Manage and improve Customer satisfaction incl. Customer scorecards, surveys etc.)
- Develop report and improve quality metrics for internal/external Customers. Provide quality and reliability data to meet customer requirements
- In addition to timely and effective closure of customer quality issues, closed loop activity with other functions to prevent recurrence of quality issues
- Manage and coordinate RMA processing and metrics for internal/external Customers
- Develop/support/communicate company quality improvement plans/initiatives with customers as well as manage and support customer improvement initiatives
- Manage process/product change notifications for customers
- Manage and drive customer quality meeting, reviews, quarterly business reviews and drive closure of actions internally/externally
- Manage communication and compliance of customer’s quality specifications, quality contracts, quality surveys etc.
- Work with peers and internal functions to be part of and drive Customer Quality related process improvements
- BS, Electrical Engineering, MS/MBA preferred
- 5 years of experience in a Technical Engineering/Quality Engineering role for a Technology/High Tech Company
- 5 years customer management experience minimum
- 5 years experience of successfully partnering and problem solving with inter-departmental partners and customers
- ASQ Quality Engineer and auditor certification, along with six sigma black belt certification is highly preferred
- Experience in driving initiatives such as ISO 9001:2008, LEAN, Six sigma, 5S, and TQM
- Excellent computer and data mining skills with a strong background in SPC control methods (JMP a plus)
- Good working knowledge of Quality Tools – 8D DOE at a minimum
- Experience and proven success working with contract manufacturing models. Proven ability to drive improvements within those organizations
- Effective and efficient problem solving skills with the ability to multi-task and change course as necessary for the business
- Excellent written/verbal and data presentational communication skills. Capability to articulate and communicate issues, responses and resolutions, etc.
- History of collaboration and teamwork
- Ability to manage issues in different time zones worldwide
- Travel is approximately10-15%
Milpitas-HQ, CA USA
400 N McCarthy Blvd
Manufacturing (Quality) Mgmt
Yes, 15 % of the Time
Mar 1, 2017, 9:26:09 AM