We have an exceptional opportunity for a Regional Sales Engineer who will develop new business for Bitplane’s Imaris 3D/4D advanced image analysis software by providing information on the product and solutions to customers’ key endpoints. This is an ideal position for a biological scientist or an engineer (B.Sc./B.Eng. minimum, Ph.D. and or M.Sc. desired) who has a deep interest in imaging, advanced microscopy (confocal, spinning disk etc.) and image analysis (deconvolution, quantitation, digital pathology etc.).
- Sales (70%) which includes: A chieve and surpass all quarterly and annualized sales target numbers; Support the sales objectives by researching customers’ image analysis needs and providing solutions in a professional and effective manner; Manage designated sales leads, prospects and customer accounts in line with agreed business objectives and provide support for existing channel partners.
- Technical (20%) which includes: Provide answers to pre-sales technical and commercial queries from direct research customers; Perform customized demonstrations of Bitplane software in a manner tailored for customer’s specific scientific endpoints; Continually compile market information/intelligence on dedicated regions with a view to providing market feedback to assist in the shaping of future company strategy and product development; Conduct user group meetings and training workshops in 3D/4D visualization and participate in advanced optical microscopy/image analysis courses as commercial faculty.
- Training (10%) which includes: Conduct recurring product training to channel partners and end users as required to support sales objectives.
- A biological scientist or an engineer (B.Sc./B.Eng. minimum, Ph.D. and or M.Sc. desired) who has a deep interest in imaging, advanced microscopy (confocal, spinning disk etc.) and image analysis (deconvolution, quantitation, digital pathology etc.).
- Necessary to have strong computer skills and well-founded biological knowledge.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills are required.
- The ability to explain complex concepts in a concise manner is also necessary for this position.
- Passion for scientific innovation is a must.
- Prior sales experience is strongly desired but not required for this position.
- Ideally in Washington, D.C. or Maryland/Virginia, but exceptional candidates from elsewhere in the South East USA will be considered.
- This is a home-office based position with a travel requirement (up to 25%), which includes international travel.
COMPANY BUSINESS OVERVIEW
Andor is a global leader in the pioneering and manufacturing of high performance scientific imaging cameras, spectroscopy solutions and microscopy systems for research and OEM markets. Andor has been innovating the photonics industry for over 20 years and continues to set the standard for high performance light measuring solutions, enabling its customers to break new ground by performing light measurements previously considered impossible. Andor’s digital cameras, are allowing scientists around the world to measure light down to a single photon and capture events occurring within 1 billionth of a second
Andor now has over 400 staff across 16 offices worldwide, distributing products to over 10,000 customers in 55 countries. Andor’s products are used in a wide range of applications including medical research to further the understanding of heart disease, cancer and neuronal diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease. Andor also has applications for forensic science and astronomy. Through continuous dialogue with customers and strong teamwork, Andor continues to innovate ground-breaking products that improve the world in which we live.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including vacation pay, medical and dental coverage, and a matching 401k plan.
Oxford Instruments is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.