The Physical Science Sales Engineer, working under the direction of the Director of Sales – Americas, will be responsible for the management of sales in the US Mid Atlantic region. The sales engineer will manage the territory spanning NJ, Eastern PA, DE, MD, DC, VA NC to provide scientific imaging and spectroscopy based solutions to customers. The region is home to many leading research institutions. The RSE will work with scientists, post docs and investigators to sell Princeton Instruments scientific imaging and spectroscopy based capital equipment technology solutions. The RSE will have a background in engineering, physical or life sciences and demonstrated ability to articulate the value of products based on customer requirements. The ideal candidate is excited about multi-faceted, cutting edge research, has past exposure to the research end users in academia and enjoys demonstrating equipment to researchers.
- Manage sales within assigned territory
- Execute their own business development plans to grow business in the region
- Manage opportunities pipeline and quote log to meet and exceed assigned regional quota
- Attend trade shows and technical conferences
- Effectively demonstrate products to potential customers and provide training and installation as required.
- Use company CRM database to better manage the region
- Forecast and prepare sales reports as required